
We couldn't believe our eyes when we saw the first images of our baby on the ultrasound machine (see pic at left!). We were at the hospital in mid-November for the first of a series of prenatal screening tests: nuchal translucency. This test can help our perinatalogist & obstetrician assess our baby's risk of having
Screening tests don't proide a 100% diagnosis. Instead, they provide a ratio that expresses our baby's chances of having a problem. But, no fear, folks! In our case, all of our results came back with very low risks -- nearly 1 in 9000 ratio for every test (for every 9000 women with this result, 1 baby will have a chromosomal defect while the other 8999 will not - the higher the second number the better the result). Some tests use a cutoff of 1 in 250.
Our next ultrasound will be in a couple of weeks when I'm 20 weeks (5 months) along. We should have updated pics then!

2 comments:
You are the only person I know who would create an interactive, labeled, demo display of your baby's ultrasound replete with arrows. One word, you are such a "geek"! LOL I am so happy for you and T. And definitely happy to hear the good tidings of the prenatal ultrasound. You both glow. I eagerly await the next interactive display--perhaps with sound effects and viral video, he he. Love the "development stages" display of baby gantt. you're so organized!
Hey sis! bro!
No new updates on the site?
Post a Comment